Finding your new home with Aspire
Selecting your preferred property
- View properties on this website or drop in to our office in Sunshine Beach
- Drive past the property to ensure the area suits your requirements
- Contact us to obtain further information on the property
- Should you wish to proceed to inspect the property we will arrange a suitable time
The application process
- Complete an Application Form for the property:
- Include evidence of your income
- Supply photocopies of documents to complete the 100 Point ID as below
- Should you require assistance to complete your application please call one of our property managers
100 POINT IDENTIFICATION LIST
A combination of the below forms of ID are accepted (total of 100 points required)
- Drivers License : 40 points
- Passport : 40 points
- Photo ID : 30 points
- Pay Slips : 20 points
- Medicare Card : 20 points
- Electricity Bill : 10 points
- Bank Statement : 10 points
- Birth Certificate : 30 points
- Previous Landlord Reference : 20 points
If your application is successful, we will request one weeks rent as a holding deposit for the rental property. This fee must be received within 24 hours of being notified that your application was successful. It is only then that the property will be removed from the availability list. It will then form part of the monies required at the commencement of your Tenancy.
Monies required at the commencement of your Tenancy will always consist of a Bond, which equates to four (4) weeks rent, along with an additional two (2) weeks rent. (Your holding deposit forms part of these 2 weeks).
Your Bond will then be lodged with the RTA (Residential Tenancy Authority) by us on behalf of your owner.
An initial inspection will be conducted in the first 6-8 weeks of your tenancy. Routine inspections will then be completed on your home as per your agreement at 14 week intervals. You will be notified by email or by post at least 7 days prior to an inspection. You are not required to be at home during the inspection unless you wish to be. Please alert the Property Manager to any maintenance issues prior to the inspection. We anticipate your home to be well maintained both inside and outside and presented in a clean and tidy manner. Should the Property Manager be dissatisfied with any aspect of the inspection you will be advised accordingly and a further inspection may be conducted.
If your maintenance request is an emergency, please contact our office by telephone (07) 5448 0444. However as most emergencies are of an electrical or plumbing nature refer to our preferred contactors after hours.
If the emergency is a civil matter, then the emergency services would be the correct contact, i.e. Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance.
Remember, an emergency is anything relating to the property under the lease that is threatening to life, health or the property and cannot wait until the next business day for repair. Aspire Property Management retains the right to determine the status of maintenance requests.
The following are some guidelines as to what constitutes a maintenance emergency:
- Clogged toilet – This is considered an emergency only if there is only one toilet on the premises.
- Broken Pipe – Turn off the water valve to the broken pipe or to the exterior water main, if you can locate it, until a contractor arrives. Do everything you can to contain any leaking or flooding and if necessary, contact other residents who may be affected by the leak.
- No Hot Water – This may be considered an emergency only if there has been no hot water for some time. Be resourceful and heat pots of water on the stove etc. until a contractor arrives. If out of hours you will have to wait till the next business day to avoid exorbitant after hours costs to the owner.
- Gas Odour – If you suspect a leaking appliance then turn off the appliance and turn off the gas supply to the appliance. Then call the Gas Company or Energex.
- Lock Outs – Management is not responsible for tenants who have locked themselves out of their premises. We will have a spare set of keys for your address which can be borrowed short term. If out of office hours it is the resident’s responsibility to contact a Lock smith to gain entry. The lock may not be changed without the express permission of Aspire Property Management.
- No electricity – This can often be caused by a faulty appliance which throws the safety circuit breakers or burns out a fuse. Check these first. If an electrician is necessary the emergency number above can be used. If our electrician is unavailable call an electrician of your choice, pay him/her for the service and seek recompense from the office during office hours.
Important: Tenant is responsible for the cost of any repair needed as a result of their own negligence, misuse or damage caused to the electricity supply.
Missed appointments, neglect and unnecessary service calls: The resident is responsible for the payment of any service call charged by a tradesman for a missed appointment, for not providing access requested, for failing to control a pet that may pose a threat to the tradesman or for any other reason that is clearly the fault of or is under the control of the resident that does not allow the contractor to complete the necessary work.
Cancelling maintenance appointments: Residents may cancel an appointment by calling our office during regular hours and speaking with a member of our staff no less than 90 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment with the tradesman or contractor.