At Aspire Property Management we are committed to providing superior service and effectively communicating with our tenants and owners, especially in the current environment as we navigate through these difficult times.
Queensland Travel Restrictions lifting
The Queensland Government has now lifted restrictions for all Queenslanders to travel within Queensland, including overnight stays, as of 12pm June 1.
We will be keeping you up to date on when an official date is set for interstate travel into Queensland.
If you’re a Queensland resident who’d like to book accommodation in Noosa & Sunshine Beach you can head to our holiday accommodation brands https://www.noosaluxuryholidays.com.au/ and https://www.sunshinebeachaccommodation.com.au/ to find the perfect property for your stay.
New Queensland Government Residential Tenancy Guidelines
The Queensland State Government has clarified the amendments it is making to the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2014, in light of COVID-19.
We, along with the Real Estate Institute Queensland, and stakeholders have lobbied for an outcome that balances landlord and tenant interests.
The State Government has come up with a policy that we think is acceptable as a fair balance between needs of landlords and tenants in Queensland.
Here are the key points to changes to Act:
- Property owners and tenants can now agree on the terms of reduced rent and deferred re-payment requirements.
- The threshold criteria to qualify for the application of the COVID-19 rental response, includes a 25 per cent reduction in income, or where rent exceeds 30 per cent of the tenant’s income.
- Tenants can be asked to provide the same proof of finances to property managers just as they would when starting a tenancy.
- Clear guidance is to be available on access for the sale of the property, virtual rental inspections and essential repairs and maintenance.
- There will be a 75 per cent income loss threshold before a tenant can end a tenancy with a 7-day cap on break lease fees.
- There will be limits to any extension on the term of a tenancy agreement during the COVID-19 period to September 30, 2020 unless agreed otherwise by the owner and tenant, or there is an appropriate ground to end the tenancy.
Thank you to our clients, whom we know participated in lobbying the government, to help achieve these outcomes.
Aspire Property Management has so far supported more than 80 tenants and landlords to reach common ground – keeping roofs over heads and protecting investments.
We are managing our clients’ interests in the context of all the recent legislative amendments to the Residential Tenancies Act 2014.
If you are a property investor that is needs help or guidance through these times, please contact us and we would be happy to assess your circumstances and provide some options.
You can learn more about the proposed measures by:
• Reading the Prime Minister’s full address
• Downloading the Australian Government’s official Coronavirus Australia app in the Apple App Store and Google Play; or following the Government’s WhatsApp channel
If you are a tenant requiring rental assistance please click here for our rental assistance request form.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time, and rest assured that we will continue to provide information about this situation as more details are released.